The Asterisk Postcard Competition is a cut-n-paste call to arms! Wave scissors in the air, wreck the tip of a ballpoint pen, get crazy with type … we are looking to publish your special project and include it as a paper footnote ( * ) in an upcoming issue!
CAROUSEL is offering one lucky creator the chance to piggy-back their best postcard idea onto our distribution system: create a unique 4” x 6” postcard design: if you’re declared our first-prize winner *, we’ll profile you in the magazine, print a postcard edition of your winning design, pay you $125 for your troubles, and provide you with 500 copies of the professionally printed card to use at your discretion (we suggest simultaneously impressing your friends & taunting your enemies with it). Most importantly, this special multiple will be inserted into every copy of CAROUSEL 40 — an ‘asterisk’ leading readers right back to you, a great way to get your best work out & about!
* submit up to 3 unpublished postcard designs by the deadline for your chance to win
* multiple entries are allowed; however, each group of 3 designs must be accompanied by its own entry fee
* each $20 entry fee includes a one-year subscription to CAROUSEL (offer good for CAN and USA submittors; due to increased postage costs, INT submittors will instead receive one complimentary issue by mail)
Please observe the following guidelines:
- submit 1-3 postcard designs per submission
- Acceptable File Formats: .JPG .TIF or .PDF (NOTE: lo-res versions are fine for contest preview; upon acceptance, winner should be prepared to provide a high-res CMYK .TIF of anything submitted to us for consideration, so design smartly here — the postcard will be printed as an offset 4" x 6" card; therefore, master files should be created at a minimum of 300dpi)